Tuesday, September 20, 2016

tuesday tip

I was thinking about the ways we make extra work for ourselves.
(I say "we" just in case I am not the only one.)

No  matter how long my "to do" list feels before I get started, it feels so much longer when I have to stop for a task that was completely preventable. Like searching high and low for a particular article of clothing because I left a tottering tower of folded laundry atop the dryer two days ago and forgot about it, instead of just putting it away.

Or having to interrupt a cooking adventure to sharpen a dull knife.

So here's a tip that won't prevent a task, but may delay the necessity for a longer time. When chopping/slicing/dicing, try using the spine instead of the cutting edge to push chopped vegetables, etc., from board to bowl.


You may find your knives stay sharper, longer.


(Note to self: put the clean clothes away every time. Sheesh.)
~~~~~

8 comments:

  1. Your washing sounds like the old saying "procrastination is the thief of time". Been there, done that too 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sometimes it's getting interrupted and forgetting to go back to what I was doing. Other times, there is No Good Reason at all!

      Delete
  2. Like your tip and I have found myself doing that lately. Don't know why and never thought about keeping the knife sharper longer. I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could just figure out a way to keep the hoof-trimmers sharp longer!

      Delete
  3. Good tip.
    Mine yesterday is to take the oven mitt off before you begin the meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I was just told I should lose weight. Perhaps I need to keep my oven mitts on!

      Delete
  4. Ha-ha! When writing about "mindfulness" yesterday, I reminded myself that when I say I need to do a particular thing, I need to follow through with that thing and that thing only before moving to another task. Do you know how many times I've gone to the bathroom after I already reminded myself that I needed to put toilet paper in there and then I go to the bathroom, realize there's no toilet paper and there's no one around to throw me a roll. Ugh! So from now on, I stop, I do, and then I move on. :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.